Communication tips for Social Media Marketing companies in Kenya
There’s no doubt that technology and social media has transformed the way we communicate, both in a work and home environment. For all the advantages however, there are various pitfalls that have the potential to damage your reputation and do you and your business more harm than good.
To mark its 100-year anniversary, learning and development organization Dale Carnegie has updated and re-released its classic ‘How to Win Friends and Influence People’, originally written in the 1930’s, to identify with the scenarios facing business people in an age of increasing technology. Many of the key principles Dale Carnegie set out all those years ago still apply today and have been adapted to suit the modern age.
Communication tips for Social Media Marketing companies in Kenya include:
1. Take your criticism offline.
Little good comes from public humiliation, whether it’s by Tweet or blog post. The rise of anonymous message boards and online comments seems to incubate negativity, but engaging in that kind of back-and-forth does little good.
2. Commit to self-improvement instead.
Instead of telling other people what they could do better, save the harshest criticism for yourself.
3. Focus on other people’s interests, not your own.
This might be a hard one to follow but social media users must resist the temptation to talk about themselves. Instead, ask about others, comment and inquire about their own updates, and focus on what interests them, not you.
4. Engage with others.
Social media, after all, is all about interaction, and people use those platforms with the hope of hearing directly from their favourite author, celebrity, or company. Companies like Zappos take advantage of this fact and use social media to build their brands.
Recent research that analysed Facebook profiles found that people who frown in photos tend to be on the outskirts of social networks instead of in the centre of them. In other words, smiling gets you more friends (and influence).
6. Spread positivity.
On that same note, if you can make other people smile, you’ll also grow your own popularity. Tweeting positive thoughts is far more effective than tweeting negative ones. In fact, skip negative Tweets and posts altogether.
7. Don’t argue.
Has anyone ever won a back-and-forth over Twitter? Or by leaving snarky comments on an online article? Even if the answer is “yes”, the potential damage to your reputation by such an exchange makes public arguments bad ideas.
8. Engage and be responsive.
One of the best way to build your network either personally or in business is to engage with others and be responsive to other people’s needs.
9. Be a good listener.
Even on line, listen to what people are saying, look for the message behind the message, sometimes people will say things on line that they won’t say out loud, we just need to listen in a different way
10. Make other people feel valued and important.
In any that you can, on line or off line if you make people feel valued and important they will be loyal to you and give you much more in return
Stories related to Communication tips for Social Media Marketing companies in Kenya
- Rare Photos of Raila Amollo Odinga
- Animated Photos of President Uhuru Kenyatta from childhood to presidency
- Funniest jokes in Kenya: Who is the funniest man among these men from different Kenyan tribes and regions?
- Christmas Love messages and quotes
- Happy New Year Wishes Quotes – Romantic Happy New Year SMS Messages
- Happy Valentines Day Quotes – Valentines Day Love SMS Messages
- Happy Jamhuri Day SMS, Messages – Jamhuri Day Kenya
- HELB Loan application – How to apply for HELB Loan
- Happy Fathers Day Quotes – SMS, Messages, Wishes, Pictures, Photos
- Happy Mothers Day Quotes – SMS Quotes for Mothers Day
- Best happy Birthday wishes SMS
- How to apply for KRA iTax Tax compliance certificate – TCC
- KUCCPS admission list – KUCCPS admission letters, Download list here
- KRA iTax returns – How to file KRA Tax Returns in iTax Online
- KRA iTax Pin Application – How to register KRA iTax Pin Online
- KUCCPS Application – Online Application and Registration for Degree and Diploma Courses
- KRA iTax Pin – KRA itax Pin Registration: Online Application
- Safaricom Selfcare Login Page – selfcare.safaricom.co.ke
- How to create an eCitizen account for Kenyan citizens
- KCPE results 2016 – How to check KCPE results 2016 Online
- Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority – UFAA Kenya
- KNEC KCPE Registration 2017 Online
- KNEC KCSE Registration 2017 Online