KRA iTax returns – KRA income tax returns online on KRA iTax system
To file back KRA itax returns every year is a right and an obligation of every adult citizen in Kenya who has registered for KRA pin number.
Watch the video tutorial at the bottom of this post on How to file KRA nil iTax Returns Online
How to file KRA iTax Returns Online in Kenya
Before filing back your KRA itax returns online, you require the following documents
- Employer information for the employed individuals
- Employer’s PIN if you’re employed
- Financial Statements
- Insurance Premium Certificate/ PIN of Underwriter/Mortgage interest certificate
- Withholding tax certificates where applicable
- KRA tax returns P9 form
- Any other documents relating to income you received or deductions you need to claim
How to fill KRA iTax Returns forms Online
- Visit the KRA iTax online portal website at https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
- At the KRA iTax portal login page enter your KRA Pin number, password and the answer to security question
- Click on ‘e-Returns’ or hover on ‘Returns’ on the navigation bar and click on ‘File Returns’
- Select the type, Enter your taxpayer’s PIN and select the Tax obligation applicable to you before clicking on ‘Next’
- The next page will walk you through the filling process. Basically, you just need to click on the links provided to either download the Tax Returs form in Excel or ODS
- Fill out all the applicable areas in the downloaded tax returns form and save your document in your computer.
- You need to enable macros to be able to ‘Validate’ and Zip your File.
- Return to the page and select the period for which you are filling the returns, upload the zipped filled out iTax Returns form, agree to the terms and select ‘Submit’.
- When asked whether you would like to upload the file, click on ‘OK’
KRA iTax returns form – KRA income tax returns form – KRA iTax return P9 form
This is the form from your employer that shows how you have been paying all your PAYE for the whole year.
It indicates all taxes on basic salary, allowances, benefits, bonuses, grants, etc.
This is the form that contains the information that you will be used to fill the KRA iTax retuns form online.
KRA itax returns Deadline
Every employed or income generating Kenyan citizen needs to have filed back his/her KRA Tax returns by 30th of June every year. It is recommended that you fill the KRA tax returns forms online through the KRA iTax system found in this KRA iTax online portal https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
Other links related to KRA iTax returns – How to file KRA iTax Returns Online in Kenya
- NTSA – eCitizen Kenya: How to apply for Provisional driving license
- KRA Pin Application – Kenya Revenue Authority Pin Application
- KRA iTax Pin – KRA itax Pin Registration: Online Application
- KUCCPS Application – Online Application and Registration for Degree and Diploma Courses
- How to create an eCitizen account for Kenyan citizens
- KRA Pin Checker – KRA iTax Pin Checker – Kenya Revenue Authority