KUCCPS Application – KUCCPS inter university transfer 2016/2017
The 2016/2017 Placement Cycle for Government-sponsored students to Universities and Colleges has concluded. Applicants who have been successfully placed and wish to apply for inter-institution transfer should note the following:
- The portal for inter-institution application will be open till 30th September 2015.
- Application for transfer is based on medical or socio-economic grounds.
- One must have met the cutoff for the program they wish to transfer to.
KUCCPS inter university transfer 2016/2017 procedure is as follows:
- Log in with your index number, KSCE year and birth certificate number.
- Navigate to the Inter-institution transfer link under Applications.
- Fill in the online inter-institution transfer form.
- Download and print the completed form.
- Have the form endorsed both at the institution where you wish to transfer to then where you have been placed.
- Submit the forms to the Placement Service for final approval and validation.
KUCCPS Application and Registration for Degree and Diploma Courses 2016 / 2017 Online
2015 K.C.S.E. Examination Candidates Application to Universities and Colleges
Service hereby wishes to announce that the school online application system for the 2015 K.C.S.E Examination Candidates opened on September 1, 2015 and will close on January 15, 2016. The application system is open to all Schools/ Centres with 2015 K.C.S.E. Candidates wishing to apply for Degree and Diploma courses in Universities and Colleges respectively. Click Here for the application procedure.
All K.C.S.E. candidates with a minimum grade of C- and above or equivalent including those who did their K.C.S.E in past years are eligible for admission under Government sponsorship for Diploma courses offered in Technical and Vocational Education and Training Institutions.
School Principals and teachers are therefore advised to encourage students with C- and above to take advantage and apply for admission to Colleges under Government Sponsorship.
Introduction to KUCCPS Application
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service- KUCCPS has been established as a Body Corporate under Section 55 of the Universities Act, 2012 with the following functions;
- To co-ordinate the Placement of the Government Sponsored Students to Universities and Colleges.
- Disseminate information on available programmes, their costs, and the areas of study prioritized by the Government.
- Collect and retain data relating to University and College placement.
- Develop career guidance programmes for the benefit of students.
- Advise the Government on matters relating to University and College student placement.
KUCCPS Application Online Requirements
- KCSE Index No,
- KCPE Index No,
- Birth Certificate Number and in addition,
- Enough money in your Mpesa to pay for revision.
The revision charge is Ksh. 1,000 for those candidates who had applied in School and Ksh. 1,500 for those who had not applied in school.
Procedure for KUCCPS Application Online of Programmes Choices
Open the KUCCPS registration page then click on Applications/Revision to proceed.
Note: Your Password is confidential and MUST never be made known to another person.
The student should input their index number in the top most tabs followed by the year they sat for KCSE examination then use their birth certificate number according to the information given to KNEC.
In case the birth certificate number was not provided during registration the student should use their KCPE index number as the password.
STEP 3: ACCESSING 2015/2016 AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES
Click on COURSES/PROGRAMMES.
For you to access a particular programme click on the group within which the programme falls in e.g. if it is Engineering click on it.
Click on the particular programme that you want to pursue i.e. if it is Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering), click on it.
The following table below will pop out showing the cluster subject requirements for r that particular course, The similar programmes and a key for the abbreviated institution and the programme codes that will be used on the application form.
Step 4: KUCCPS APPLICATION: APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT
a) Pay the required amount through your mobile phone by Mpesa following the instructions below:
- Go to M-PESA on your phone.
- Select Pay Bill option.
- Enter Business no. 820201.
- Enter KCSE Examination year followed by 11 Digit INDEX NO e.g.201401234567891 as your account number.
- Enter the Amount.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.
b) You will receive a payment confirmation message from Mpesa. On receipt of the confirmation, continue with the application process.The confirmation message received from MPESA should not be deleted as it the transaction ID number will be used to confirm the changes made.
Step 5: KUCCPS APPLICATION / KUCCPS REVISION OF COURSES / PROGRAMMES
Use the link titled APPLICATION / REVISION to complete your application/revision as follows:
Enter the Programme codes for the revised programme choices that you recorded on the column ‘new programme code.’ Tick on the select to ‘change/revise’ column.
The choices you have made will be displayed if you have completed the form without errors. If you find errors indicated in red, correct and save again.
You MUST Log out when you have finalized with application. This is necessary so as to keep your application information safe.
Applicants can view their previous programme choices by clicking on View Previous Choices and their current programme choices by clicking on View Current Choices.
To change the current choices during the application period, you will be required to repeat steps 7.
For further assistance, an applicant may visit the KUCCPS offices at 1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden. Community, during the application period. Enquires may also be made by sending an email through [email protected] or Call either 0723-954-927or 0734-879- 662 between 8 am and 5 pm during the application period.
There will be NO MANUAL REVISION using physical application forms. Application must be done online following the procedure given above.
All payments for application MUST be made through MPESA as explained in step 4 of the procedure. Any other mode of payment will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
KUCCPS Application – Applicant Choices
- Applicants with an overall grade of C+ and above will be allowed to make a maximum of 8 choices of both degree and diploma programmes
- Applicants with an overall grade of C- and above but below C+ will be allowed to make a maximum of 6 choices from diploma programmes.
- Choices 1(a), 1(b) and 1(c) must be similar programmes while Choices 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 can be any other programmes for both degree and diploma programmes
KUCCPS Application – Applicant Eligibility – For a candidate to be eligible to apply for placement, the following conditions will apply
- A Kenyan Citizen governed by Chapter Three of the Constitution of Kenya and the Kenya Citizenship Act cap 170
- Sponsorship will be eligible to the immediate KCSE applicants preceding the selection for placement provided that each cohort of KCSE applicants shall be considered after their results are released.
- The minimum admission requirement to apply for degree programmes will be C+. However, the overall KCSE cut-off point for admission to degree programmes will be determined by the total capacity declared by universities.
- The minimum admission requirement to apply for a diploma will be C-.
The Placement Service will consider the KCSE Examination result of 2013 as the immediate applicants for placement
KUCCPS Application Affirmative Action Admission Criteria
KUCCPS Application for Gender Affirmative
- Lowering by up to 2 points on the overall cut-off point for degree programmes for female applicants
- Lowering the specific programme cut-off points by up to 2 points subject to attaining of a representation of a third for either gender and not exceeding the declared capacity of the programme by more than 10%.
KUCCPS Application for Minority and Marginalized Groups Affirmative
- The minority and marginalized groups are as contained in the Commission for Revenue Allocation (CRA) policy for identifying marginalized areas
- Lowering the specific programme cut-off points by up to 2 points subject to attaining 10% representation
KUCCPS Registration for Applicants with Disabilities
An application form to be completed by applicants with disabilities will be provided as a download on the KUCCPS website and must be certified by:
- The head of the school
- A registered medical practitioner
- The National Council for Persons With Disabilities (NCPWD)
These application forms will be considered by the KUCCPS Board. The affirmative action will be by:
- Placing all degree applicants with overall grade of C+ and above and have visual or hearing impairment subject to meeting the minimum admission requirements for their degree choices.
- Lowering by 3 points below the overall cut-off point for degree programmes for applicants with physical impairment
subject to meeting the minimum admission requirements for their degree choices.